[Abstract] From the Japanese audio equipment brand ZOOM Sound Laboratory may not be known to the public, but they are not small in professional audio field. Here at Zoom we’ve been built innovative products for the past thirty years. At present, the company launched a super performance portable digital recording pen of the microphone for professional recording engineer: ZOOM H6 Six-Track Portable Recorder. Four interchangeable input capsules – X/Y, MS, Shotgun, and Dual XLR/TRS Combo – make the H6 the ultimate chameleon of the audio world, and its advanced preamps make it as the best-sounding one . Whatever your application – live recording, professional film/video work, live broadcast or electronic news gathering – the H6 can handle it easily. Here is the best reviews of ZOOM H6.
ZOOM H6 professional digital recording pen is the world’s first interchangeable microphone recording pen products, and supports four sets of special microphone. In front of the microphone (Shotgun MIC) is a conventional sound recording microphone, the performance is very balanced, suitable for daily variety under the environment of sound recording. XY directional microphone is mainly used for stereo recording, to capture stereo depth and clarity on deep skill. The microphone (Mid Side MIC) – can be included continuous variable width stereo. Plug in the optional EXH-6 Dual XLR/TRS capsule and your H6 becomes a personal 6-track studio with six discrete line- or mic-level inputs, each with its own volume control and pad. Record and overdub up to 99 takes in high-resolution audio, then mix down to a stereo MP3 for posting to your favorite website. With the H6, the road from great idea to perfect track just got a lot shorter.
H6 ZOOM professional digital recording pen up to six channels at the same time recording, the highest recorded sound quality up to 24-bit/96kHz, the audio effect is very satisfactory.
On the other hand, ZOOM H6 professional digital recorder with 6 USB audio input, 2 USB audio output interface, using four AA batteries (5 batteries) as a power supply system of ZOOM H6 can be more than 20 hours of continuous recording. In storage, ZOOM H6 support 128GB SDXC memory card (SD card expansion of large capacity and high speed).
In addition to itself is a very professional recording pen outside, through the hot shoe adapter fittings, zoom H6 professional digital recording pen can also become SLR cameras, video cameras and voice recorders device, video shooting provide first-class sound support.
At that year, TEC AWARDS, ZOOM H6 portable recorder recording equipment to obtain the best award. The most versatile portable recorder ever.
|Number of inputs||4 (expandable to 6)||2 (expandable to 4)||2|
|Uses interchangeable capsules||Y||Y||N|
|Provided microphone(s)||XYH-6, MSH-6||XYH-5||Built-in X/Y|
|Maximum SD card size||128 GB||32 GB||32 GB|
|Separate line out||Y||Y||N|
|USB audio interface in/out||6/2||4/2||2/2|
|Battery life (Alkaline)||20 Hrs||15 hrs||6-11 hrs|
- The mic pre-amps in this device are far superior to the H4n. The noise floor is lower and my post work after shooting video with my DSLR is much better, the audio sounds warmer and clearer and it appears that the signal is a lot cleaner at low dBs
- 4 channels of XLR right out of the box! I love it! Now I can do a backup recording or record 4 XLR’s at the same time! I can’t tell you how many times I would have loved to push up the pre-amp just a bit to drive out the noise but I couldn’t becuase of clipping. Now this is not a concern as you have individual compression on each channel and the ability to do a dual recording with a backup with less gain.
- Yes this does fit in the H4n SKB waterproof case. As soon as I got the device, I pulled the H4n out of the case and put this right into it, with all of the accessories with no problems. The H6 without the mics attached is exactly the same size as the H4n
- The gain dials are smooth and a perfect addition. Much better than the push button gain control on the H4n
- Pad switches right on top. Perfect
- Full Color Display is way better on the eyes and great in low light, and now the display dims to save battery versus turning off the backlight completely. Try turning the H4n light back on in a dark room. Not happening!
- Very solidly built. It is a solid piece of hardware. There are no squeaks and the buttons are solid. The record button is recessed and absolutely silent, so when making track markers you don’t get that click sound in your recordings when using the device on top of a camera.
- Two headphone outputs is awesome addition. Now you can direct monitor and send a line out at the same time
- Now theres a track mixer onboard. After recording or even monitoring the sound you can mix the tracks on the fly and run those thru the line out into you camera rig.
- Interchangeable mics are AWESOME!
- Menus are now buried. The H4n had quick access to changing bit rates, Folders, File Format, and Speed. I miss that and some thought should have been given to keeping a least the file format and folder buttons as quick access keys. It would have been awesome
- Takes more batteries, but what do you expect with a device with 2 more inputs available
- Select/Enter button is not consistent. Sometimes you have to push the side switch in and other times you have to press the record button to select items in the menus. Don’t know why this is not constant. This could be improved in a firmware upgrade.
- Select button has to be pressed very far in. Button could have used a shorter throw.
Zoom H6 is a killer device which six track ultra mobile recorder with 24 bit 96k recording capability. The preamps are better, and footprint is same as the old version. This device is a necessary part for any DSLR filmmaker or if you have pro setup and need more 2 audio inputs. This is an awesome device! But if you just want to record some simple interview, please think about the entry-level product: Zoom H1 Handy Portable Digital Recorder, it is much cheaper and easier to hold and use.
Please buy it in Amazon.com which provide attractive price in the world, it is the right time for you.